Wednesday, July 03, 2024

Exploring...

Exploring a track that led me quite a distance from the lake. Nesting has begun for many of the birds, and I saw a rose-chested galah keeping watch over its nest high up in a tree. These birds use tree hollows for their nests. They lay between 2 to 6 eggs. Once hatched parents will both care for the chicks for around 59 days before they are old enough to fledge. 
Although not that far from the lake the bush was already beginning to change with different plants, more grass trees. which I am always glad to see.  Along the track I followed I started to collect shards of glass that littered the path. It angers me how mindless some humans are. My concern was for the bushland animals first and foremost, landing on glass could cause injury, which left unattended can cause infection which could lead to death. Of course, dogs too are walked along this track. If owners are not attentive to where their pups are walking that could also be injuries.  
It was a pleasant walk, and one I will do again as I never reach the track end. Plus, there were several more tracks veering off in different directions... 















 

No comments: