Friday, November 24, 2023

Seeking A Cool...

Seeking a cool breeze, I found myself by the Swan River, though arriving here it was still and so warm I kept dashing from the shade of one tree to another. 
 has come with an intensity this year, and I wasn't the only one feeling this way. 
Many birds were opened mouthed gasping too, thankfully this area had a good number of water bowls laid out that the birds could drink from.
Most plants had already stopped blooming, although I was happy to see a few small pops of colour along the way. 
Some of the trees were quite intriguing, and I did see a purple swamphen chick crying out, alone without the parents in sight. Taking a look around I noticed the one of the parents and another chick coming back into the bone-dry swampland and heading for the distressed baby....

























































 










No comments: