Sunday, November 19, 2023

Meandering Around...

Meandering around the garden can see hours drift by as I lose myself in the wonderful visions my little sanctuary gifts me. Allowing my garden to be on the wild side, free to grown and reseed as naturally as possible sees wonderful little leafy nooks wildly growing offering safe feeding spots for the smaller garden visitors. 

Capturing moments that render me still, gives me the opportunity to gaze upon the images and step back into each moment.
 I stood observing the single bloom on one of the native irises in the garden as a hover fly came to feed. It is in these priceless encounters that I feel my soul singing. The texture of the petals so silky soft, the delicate wings of the hoverfly like miniature-stained glass. 
Other blooms spoke to me too, the borage flowers had me spellbound for the longest time, the way the light backlit them was rather incredible. Such a stunning plant. It is also referred to as starflower, it is easy to see why when you see the flowers.

A couple of rose chested galahs came to visit, over the recent weeks I have not had the flock visit as much which is great, I have been feeding the chickens at different times attempting to get the galah's to go and forage instead of relying on a regular food source here in the garden.

The most memorial moment this morning though was capturing a few shots of the tiny silvereyes as they foraged in amongst a tangle of cornflowers.
These birds live in the garden, they are great to have in the garden as they eat so many species of insects. 
I really do adore these tiny birds as they are quite cheeky and not at all shy in asking for a shower when I am watering, it is always special, and it induces a smile on my face in an instant...












































 

1 comment:

William Kendall said...

Beautiful flowers.