Saturday, November 04, 2023

Lake Leschenaultia...

Lake Leschenaultia is only a few minutes from where I live and is always a delight to visit. Coming to the lake from a different direction I approached from the recently revamped picnic area near the main carpark. Thankfully on the opposite side of the lake they have left the grassy area, which is my favourite place to relax on a hot summer's day. 
I enjoyed a slow saunter stopping many times taking in the ambience and quietly observing the wildlife. Watching the natural world is my undoubtedly favourite entertainment. No matter where I wander, I will always be blessed with many visual delights. 
I was followed by one of the ducks that is a regular visitor at my home which was quite hilarious. When I return home from work each day the ducks along with my chickens greet me at the gate. Untamed yet a very social pair of pacific black ducks. 
This day though, it was the red dragonfly that really captured my heart. A brief yet incredible moment which is forever captured in time...





















































































 

No comments: