Thursday, May 02, 2019

A Family Of.....

 A family of tiny yellow-rumped thornbills have taken residence in the garden and seem to be completely at ease with me as I potter about.
They are forever dancing around my feet as I walk flitting up into the trees I am hoping to build a nest.
The family will build a double nest come July, they are clever little critters who construct a double nest to fool predators, the parents will also have two to three helpers to keep the chicks safe and to help with the demands of feeding.
They are ground foraging birds and my garden supplies them with an array of yummy treats by the look of things, since they appeared a few weeks ago they are never far from my view.
And when I am watering the garden they come for a shower in the spray, such a magical experience.
 
They are at ease with the chickens which is amazing as it is difficult to see them next to Aslan in the second last photo.
They like to reside in woodlands or forests so I am feeling extremely blessed that my tiny little woodland is attracting so many rare and tiny birds to live in my garden...…... 















No comments: