Sunday, May 19, 2019

A Visit To......

 A visit to Lake Monger left me once again deeply disturbed by the amount of humans who visit nature yet fail to see anything.
Sure they walk around, however all the people I passed here except one were connected to earphones or yapping on phones.
None seemed to be looking at what was before them, they simply followed the path never casting a glance at the beauty around them.
Forever confused by humanities continued addiction to technology and seeing how this creates a population of robotic people saddens me beyond words.
Considering that this enchanting lake is surrounded by a freeway and homes there is still so much to see if only you disconnect from devices open your eyes and actually enjoy the wonderful world of the lake dwellers.
A family of noisy rainbow lorikeets were very loud in the trees surrounding the lake.
I spied a new bird, not sure but think it was a banded stilt.
A lone willy wagtail who followed me for a while often scurrying along the path in front of me.
I stood for quite some time watching air bubbles from submerged long neck turtles yet none graced me with an appearance.
Walking back sighting a single white ibis and a lone grey gull as well as many ducks floating upon the surface soaking up the midday sun...…..
 










































No comments: