Tuesday, April 23, 2019

In The Years...

In the years I have resided in the  Magic cottage my cactuses' have never flowered, in fact, I was told once by a fellow who had a cactus garden that these specific cacti would never flower as such, they would only get the little leafy green flowery things once per year which they have up until now. 
 
Then suddenly one did flower!
 
Due to the fact that they tower well above me and also they are hidden amongst the swaying palms I could have missed these flowers altogether had something not prompted me to look.
 
Out of the four remaining it was only one that flowered, the others appear to have lost some of their thorns however no flowers appeared.
 
Even scampering up on to a ladder for a closer look still I could not get as close as I would have liked, so utterly magnificent and so out of reach.....
 
   





No comments: