Thursday, September 12, 2024

The Tulip Festival...

The Tulip Festival held annually at Araluen Botanical Park is something I have not been to before. I have visited the park on many other occasions, yet always missing the blooming tulips. The day that I decided to visit I drove through torrential rain, I wasn't even sure the rain would let up, thankfully it did mere minutes before I parked my car. 
The flowers had been battered by the heavy rains, yet the lingering raindrops only enhanced each blooms beauty. 
The garden is nestled in the middle of 59 hectares of native forest. The gardens were started in the late 1920's and has plants from all around the world. Being here really took me back to the gardens of England and Europe that I visited when I lived in the northern hemisphere. At times I had pangs of misty-eyed nostalgia yearning for those beautiful summer days so many years ago... 




























































































































































 

No comments: