Tuesday, September 24, 2024

A Family Of...

A family of corellas made a very noisy appearance as dawn was giving way to another day. 
The light dim as the sun was still rising, this didn't stop their screeching banter from disturbing the serene morning serenades from the smaller birds who dwell in my garden.
 Corellas are not frequent year-round visitors to my garden. They are very mischievous birds and can be quite destructive in the garden with their playful antics. A couple of them looked somewhat bedraggled as if they had been rolling around in mud, mostly they were a pristine white. 
When the large flocks of corellas and galahs are around I have to get inventive with feeding my chickens as they can become intimidating for my girls. 
Plus, I like the wild birds to fly in for a snack now and then, and not to become reliant on my garden as a regular place to feed... 





 

No comments: