Tuesday, May 28, 2024

One Of The Best...

One of the best exhibitions I have seen in a long time is stitched and bound which is currently on at the Midland Junction Art Centre. 
In some ways I think that textile art is more interesting and creative than many other expressions of art because so many types of media can be utilised when creating a piece. The piece made with Lindt chocolate wrappers for example was a marvellous piece, which had me thinking what a fabulous way to recycle.
Some of these pieces had me completely captivated. Overall, I could not choose one standout piece, because even if I wasn't particularly drawn a particular piece, I had to admire the expertise of each creation on display.
 Such amazing talent is on show here. 
The shoe and shoe box are really stunning. 
I was equally enthralled by the Flower of Hope and Encouragement. 
I could go on about so many of the pieces, because I was truly impressed....



































































 

No comments: