Wednesday, May 29, 2024

Creativity...

Creativity at its finest. 
That pretty much sums up what I saw here and what I felt about meeting one of the artists in residence at Midland Junction Art Centre recently. 
The pieces this woman creates were amazing. 
The beautiful icy scene with penguins was spectacular, as were the amazing books she creates documenting her travels abroad. All of her pieces were so different, she is currently working in two pieces, the swans and a bushland scene.
She explained her process in great detail. Many of the pieces are based on photographs she had taken. 
I left feeling like I ought to reacquaint myself with my own sewing machine.
 Although, I am not in the same league as this woman, it did make me think about the many pieces of material I have stored at home waiting to be used...



































 

No comments: