Sunday, May 28, 2023

Magical Fungi....

Magical fungi have popped up in two areas of the garden. Doing a bit of research, I discovered these are coprinellus domesticus,, also known as mica inkcap or brownie mushroom. Both clumps are growing around the base of trees sadly lost during the last summer. There are also a couple of small white fungi growing on one of the dead tree trunks these are only tiny, so identification is a bit of a challenge at this point. 
I find fungi so fascinating, and I also feel they bring an enchanting air to any area where they grow, which is why I am always observant of my surroundings, taking in everything from the earth to the sky as you never know what is laying in plain sight...


















 

2 comments:

William Kendall said...

These look plentiful.

Gemel said...

I was surprised to see so many.