Wednesday, January 13, 2021

The Phrase...

The phrase out with the old and in with the new echoed around my head as I watched my old car disappearing from view.
Breaking down towards the end of last year and so expensive to fix that I could buy another car for the same price quoted for the repairs The mechanics stating that they would not even guarantee it was actually fixable and that no parts needed were in Western Australia so it could be months until it might be on the road again.
So off it was sent into the wild blue yonder, to be broken down for parts.
All I could think of was good riddance because it really did cause a great deal of stress given my job is community based. Never driven hard nor neglected, a four year old car heads to the scrapheap.
Would I buy another brand new car again? 
Not ever!
Replacing it is a larger car, I actually hadn't realised how flimsy my other car was. Plus doing a bit of research my old car was voted the worst small car on the road. It was actually quite shocking to learn it is viewed by car experts as a substandard vehicle. 
So this secondhand one is so much more sturdier and better suited for life in the hills. Plus it has window tinting so no more having one arm darker than the other during the summer months.

Since I have lived up here two cars have broken down and been deemed unrepairable, and another smashed to smithereens by a drug addict off his head on crystal meth. 
I do feel it is time for no more car dramas for a very very long time, three major car related problems is quite enough...... 



 

No comments: