Thursday, December 28, 2023

Impatient Visitors Waiting...

Impatient visitors waiting for seed to be thrown even before the sun has fully risen. They are extremely vocal, and they also give me quite the unimpressed stare. Although the rose chested cockatoos are beautiful, they are also destructive in the garden, so I had been limiting enticing them into the garden. This time of the year though it is breeding season, already a few babies can be heard complaining to be fed as they wait in the safety of the taller trees. With the younger mouths to feed the flock becomes very demanding and no matter how I try to hide where I feed the chickens, they always find the seed. 
After the chicks have fledged, I will begin to deter them once again so that they go back to the bushland to forage for food instead coming here for an easy meal. 
I do adore these beautiful birds, even if they do make a racket and eat so much. They are comical as well as cheeky which does endear them to me despite their demanding nature...


























 

2 comments:

William Kendall said...

They are photogenic.

Gemel said...

Yes, they are.