Wednesday, December 06, 2023

Chasing Leafy...

Chasing leafy canopies to rest awhile out of the sun, wanting to be out exploring nature, yet finding the heat too intense. 
On my very brief meander I was taken by the interesting patterns on many a tree. I never fail to appreciate the powerful presence trees possess, they may be silent, though their mightiness pulsates out integrating with all life.
The strong scent of drying eucalyptus leaves wafted in the air, the fragrance at moments overpowering. 
This is indeed the scent of the Australian summer.
I stopped to watch a magpie fledgling being coaxed by its mother out onto a branch, the baby either not old enough to join her mother in flight, or still a wee bit uneasy about doing so. 
In the end baby decided to wait as its mother flew off in search of food...
























 

2 comments:

Sharon said...

I love those patterns on the trees.

Gemel said...

They are very beautiful trees.