Sunday, October 03, 2021

A Private Garden........

A private garden wonderland was open to the public yesterday and I wasted no time in going to have a look.
 I have driven past this garden many many times and have always wanted to have a look.

The garden is the result of one man's obsession and twenty years of hard work. 
He had no training in stonemasonry and learnt by his mistakes. Often redoing an area when his skills improved. 
Being as driven as he was he was known to work long into the night with lights set up so that he could see what he was doing  
The patience of neighbours I assume tested at times. 
I found the garden a work of art and I love the little quotes that decorate the garden, and may do something similar in my own smaller magical garden........















































































 

















4 comments:

Just Jood said...

Is this garden in Maida Vale? The garden has grown since I visited several years ago. It is a joy to walk through. And the gardener must be well in his 80s now.

Gemel said...

Yes it is in Maida Vale.

William Kendall said...

What a lovely locale.

Gemel said...

Absolutely agree William.