Saturday, January 17, 2009

Finding Joy Each Day....................

Finding joy each day is a glorious task indeed, one that I will be writing about frequently from now on, inspiring I trust, more and more people to begin to enjoy the simple pleasures in life once more. Yesterday after having two divine moments I decided that looking for joy each day would become a gift that I give to myself daily. It was a scorcher of a day, I believe the maximum was 42 and as I was busy potting in my little shed on the hill two sparrows came into visit me, they used to visit daily, yet of late they seem to spend their time elsewhere, anyway I digress! As they perched on the top of my tractor merrily singing away I thought that what they could really do with was a drink, so off I went to turn the irrigation system on so that they could not only have a much needed drink but also have a little bath in the puddles that are left after the irrigation system is switched off. Well, proclaiming that this was a joyous moment indeed does not come close, it was a moment of sheer bliss watching these two delightful birds frolic in the cooling water. Happiness radiated from them like a beacon of light shinning from a lighthouse, they were absolutely beaming. The joy I felt in my soul from this blessed moment warmed my heart, their happiness merged with me, I was euphoric. This alone would have been enough to maintain my elation, yet I was to have a second moment of gleeful ecstasy, from something as simple as sitting on the trailer surrounded by newly potted palms on their way to the greenhouse, the energy emanating from them was truly astounding, and a moment that was unbelievably humbling...........

No comments: