Friday, January 09, 2009

It's All About Feeling..........................

There is an old saying 'home is where the heart is' and my heart still belongs in England, from the moment I saw the land below me as the plane prepared its decent I felt an emotional connection that I feel nowhere else, it comes with such intensity a powerful wave of raw passion that wells up from the very essence of my being, a rush of pure contentment of being where it is I feel so at peace, at one. The feeling of walking down this country lane is forever etched within my heart secretly hidden for me to view at any time, the magic of this moment imprinted upon my soul as I felt myself merging with the wonder that surrounded me, the quietness of a wintry morning, frost crunching under my boots, water trickling along the roadside as the ice began to melt, the merry chirping of sparrows as they playfully waltzed in the air, every second so precious to me. It is all about feeling, feeling where it is you belong, some don't understand my desire to return to this fair and gentle land, many see the trappings of what I have now as the ultimate paradise, long sandy beaches, sultry summer nights, a sky that appears so big and so blue. I see the what they see and yet my heart yearns to return to see the changing of the seasons, each one a spectacle in themselves, the magic of winter, the rebirth in spring as colour floods the dormant countryside with treasures of colour so vibrant and alive, the gentleness of an English summer, picnics and village cricket, strolling along the riverside hand in had with the one you love, and autumn, the most astounding season of all (for me.) For the next few years I shall have my memories to cherish until the moment comes when it will be right for our return, and that is enough because I can feel myself there, even now as I sit wilting in the heat of another long hot day I can sense with all my heart the utmost joy and profound peace that will envelop me as I return to the shores of England for the last time............

1 comment:

BipolarBunny said...

I get all misty-eyed when I fly into Baltimore (pronounced: Bawl-mer). Home is always home.