Thursday, October 01, 2026

Star Swamp Reserve...

Star Swamp Reserve is a fantastic 96 hectares of virgin bushland. There are several trails that wind through the pristine reserve. There's also a environmental centre, which unfortunately was closed the day I visited in August. 
It's due to reopen this month.

Although there's 80 bird species found here, I only caught site of a couple of honeyeaters, a raven and rose chested cockatoo.
I noticed two bee hives and was fascinated by seeing caterpillars that were only targeting one particular plant species.  Further on I came across a tiny skink which was basking in the warmth of the sun.

I could feel the ancient energy of this land immediately my feet touched the ground.
I felt seen.
Humbled and in awe in the presence of these ancient grass trees and eucalyptus trees that surrounded me on all sides.

I can't really explain how I feel in the company of a forest, but it's a sense so profound I am grateful for being intuitive enough to register it.

Finding the grandmother tree in such places can be overwhelming. 
For the grandmother tree is the most powerful one of all. 
Although I caught glimpses of larger trees encircled by the forest virtually swallowed by the foliage, I don't think I caught sight of the grandmother tree.
Perhaps next time I might find her.
I may take another walk here before summer arrives, taking a different route and visiting the environmental centre...












 





































































4 comments:

J.P. Alexander said...

Bello lugar. Te mando un beso.

Lancy said...

We live right next to a reserve forest, so I understand when you say how you felt when you stepped there..

The one we are in, might not be huge as so many hectares but I find myself in a different energy when we moved to this location. Earlier, we live in the middle of a busy city. This is a bit outskirtsnow.. Calm, grateful and ofcourse, the huge old trees make me feel something I cannot easily put into words. I am hearing about the grandmother tree for the first time from your blog post. I will look into it :) Thanks for penning down your wonderful experience.

If you visit the environmental centre, please do share your experience. I am on your blog for the first time and your cats are adorable. <3

Have a wonderful weekend, Gemel.

Modrina Neba said...

Thank you Gemel, I truly believe everything you wrote to me, today I’m sending you a big hug and a kiss, Andreja! And yes, you’re sharing divine clips again that soothe the soul!

Sharon said...

Such a pretty place to enjoy the bounty of nature. I think I'd enjoy hiking there.