Saturday, October 03, 2026

Feeling Invigorated...


Feeling invigorated after my massage yesterday I was up and about around 5:30 this morning. I immediately went out to let the girls out for the day. 
I then decided to dismantle part of the pen, that was allegedly put up to contain them.
I used it for half a day.
I prefer my chickens roaming free.
After so many years of being never used, it was time for it to go.

I couldn't contain my hens whilst they could see a huge garden lingering out of their reach, so they rule the garden, living as they should be, free to wander as they please.
As always, the girls have to see what I am up to. Chickens are quite curious souls, and if I am moving things in the garden, that means there's disturbed earth, which equals things to eat.

I don't use any chemicals in my garden, but having chickens roaming free means most pests are dealt with by my adorable girls, weeds on the other hand are often out of control.

After dealing with removing the restraining fence, which wasn't as difficult as I imagined, I then began to tackle the winter weeds.

 Brulee loves to follow me around as weeds are pulled, this morning though the rest of the flock were still busy checking out the other change in the garden.

When I move to sit for a five minute break, my adorable chickens follow me for a few minutes of rest, as they always do.
I really can't think of my garden without my small flock of chickens, they are characters each with her own unique personality and all are gentle humorous little beings...












 

No comments: