Friday, October 02, 2026

Having Taken...

Having taken the last couple of days of the week off, yesterday morning I took myself to the lake for a morning meander. 
It has to be said that my pace was glacial.
 It would have to have been the slowest lap around Lake  Leschenaultia in my history. 
I have found that more and more, I am needing to take mental health days, away from the chaotic realm of the human machine. 
The humdrum demands of work are proving difficult to navigate the more I ponder the ridiculousness of society, of how pointless the whole setup truly is. 

Nothing makes more sense to me than being alone in nature.
It is here that life is real.
Everything flows.
Has a purpose.
Unlike the absurd society that surrounds me.

Surrounded by the nurturing embrace of the bushland is where I feel at home.
It is where I find my peace, and regain my strength.
Slowing down to the rhythm of the plants takes mere seconds.
My breath become deeper, heart lighter.
I feel held.
 
Steps are slow, my head often skyward, gazing at the canopy that shrouds me.
Birdsong flitters in as leaves are teased by a slightly brisk breeze. 
Flowers call to me as I drift slowly by, causing me to pause even more. 

Slowing like this in the silence of a forest brings many a magical happening. 
It is during these times of stillness that the little things are noticed.
The truly astonishing things. 

A painted lady butterfly entranced me towards the end of my walk.
Fluttering from flower to flower oblivious to my presence. 
I find such encounters very special. 
And frequently wonder of how marvellous the Universe is to orchestrate such intimate moments between one species and another. 

I also noticed a species of bee which I had not seen before.
Instead of landing on each flower, it hovered, similar to that of a hummingbird.
How exquisite.
With around 800 native bee species, I am having trouble finding out what this fluffy bee is.

Still, it isn't really important for me to name everything.

Simply appreciating the beauty is enough...











 















































































2 comments:

J.P. Alexander said...

Es un bello lugar. Lindas fotos. Te mando un beso.

Chatty Crone said...

Lots of unique photos - beautiful. So are you doing okay with the time off?