July 1st I stumbled across this view while out Kelmscott way. Its rather out of place in a park surrounded by native Australian bushland.
Of course I had to take a look, and I did come to regret my spontaneous decision.
Seconds after taking the second last photograph, I fell from the top steps.
I was so concerned about saving my camera, that thankfully I didn't put my arms out in front of me. Cradling them around my camera saved me from more serious injuries. My head also missed landing on the step on the other side by centimetres.
Landing with a complete thud, I laid still for quite a few minutes. Dazed and soaked after landing in a puddle I wondered how I had got here.
It all happened so fast.
When I eventually tried sitting up it was immediately painful. But thankfully, I was able to get back into my car and start the 52 kilometer drive home.
By the time I arrived home I could barely get out of the car.
After scans and x-rays I was pleased nothing was broken, it was all internal injuries which took several weeks to come right.
Fancote Park is just in front of the Canning River, I had planned going for a walk along the river after checking this out.
Perhaps I will go again, as there is a heron reserve not far away which I also wish to investigate, I am not sure I'd be inclined to climb these steps again though...
1 comment:
That's a fascinating structure. I wonder what it's for. I'm so glad it wasn't anything serious in that fall. Just being painful is bad enough. It's simply amazing how quickly these things happen and we have no idea what we did wrong to cause it.
Post a Comment