Saturday, August 08, 2026

International Cat Day...

International Cat Day is celebrated world wide on August 8th. 
It began in 2002 by The International Fund of Animal Welfare, as a way of bringing awareness of cats and promoting ways to help and protect them.

Being a day of celebrating cats, which incidentally happens daily in my realm, cat owners are encouraged to celebrate their feline companions.
Obviously, I need little encouragement in celebrating my beautiful feline companions, but I will make sure they have an extra special treat for dinner.

As well as celebrating fabulous felines, this day also prompts cat owners to keep their cats safe, taking steps to setting up places for their cats to watch wildlife safely. To also consider supporting cat rescue centres, and to adopt a cat in need of possible.

I thought it fitting to share some fun time moments of Miss Bear and Charlie enjoying the sunshine on a far too warm winters day, living their best lives safe and utterly adored and pampered...













 

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Makes me smile to see them playing in the sunshine!

Linda's Relaxing Lair said...

Dear Gemel, you know I am going to love this!!! Beautiful photos to celebrate this important day! Let's hear it for cats!