The first of the spring bulbs have begun to bloom, well those bulbs not dug up by the quendas that is!
I settled down to weed and pull out Kikuyu grass around them, when the girls showed up to forage in the freshly disturbed soil.
The chickens love it when I am out pottering in the garden, and they always come to see what I am doing.
The ground was so incredibly dry, so I have organised some mulch to feed and insulate the earth.
With spring seeming to be already here, without much of a winter, which more than likely means summer is also on its way far too early as well.
I am really looking forward to the daffodils opening, I always have thought daffodils are like tiny little suns, they simply radiate happiness with their vibrant yellow hue. I put quite a variety of bulbs in, and can't really remember where I planted what. So it's going to be quite a surprise to see what eventually blooms...










No comments:
Post a Comment