Wednesday, August 12, 2026

Several Months Ago...

Several months ago I decided to cull my collection of novels as I seem to have moved on from my murder mystery whodunit books. I've always enjoyed a good crime novel and always liked trying to figure out who was the culprit.
One day while on a phone call with a friend I was talking about the house energy being somewhat stagnant, I then began grabbing books off the shelves.  Most of these I had yet to read, yet it was a very strong feeling to clear the house of this particular genre of books.
Obviously, the kitty kids were intrigued at what I was up to and came over to help.

I once had a vast collection of books, and rarely discarded a single one, mind you my homes have all been larger than this four room cottage.
I now like to read more enlightening books, which are mostly non fiction, although I am on book three of a four book fantasy tale about Atlantis which is quite the spiritual adventure.

I have a rule, if I am not engaged by page 50 I won't read any further. Someone once said that I was generous reading that far into a book which fails to stimulate. 

Unfortunately, there are few bookstores left here in Perth, especially ones that stock the sort of titles that interest me. They all seem to be full of mainstream easy to read uninteresting twaddle.
Thankfully, there's still a couple of fabulous second hand bookstores around. For the rarer books I seek, I usually find them online.
 It has been suggested that I read books on my phone or laptop, but that's something I would never do.

Reading a book is an experience of the senses, it's the feel of the book in your hand. The smell of the paper, turning a page. 
For me looking at a screen to read a book is sacrilege, and it's something that I will simply never do...








 

1 comment:

Linda's Relaxing Lair said...

So many books! I am always happy to see these beautiful felines.