Friday, February 09, 2024

My Absolutely Favourite...

My absolutely favourite pastime is being still and observing nature. Such an encounter was savoured recently when this little spinebill was resting outside my bedroom window. The front garden is a haven for the smaller birds, and as you can see honeyeaters such as this one are not much bigger than a periwinkle leaf. 
This precious little being looked to be quite young and was wisely keeping hidden from larger birds. Watching its curiosity as it turned its head from side-to-side interpreting noises from the beneath the groundcover, kept me entranced whilst I was observing it.
Nature is far more satisfying than television, there is something deeply fulfilling about infusing yourself in natures splendour taking time to watch the elegance of life in its quiet private moments...















 

No comments: