Friday, July 28, 2023

A Dazzling Show...

A dazzling show from the acacia trees offered a vibrant burst of colour on a wet and cloudy day. The fluffy pompom like flowers give off a honey like scent. There was a great deal of activity in the trees as birds flitted about feeding on the flowers or nest building. Spring must be heading our way soon. I did notice a pair of red capped parrots high up on a branch. These are very shy birds, they normally retreat from humans swiftly, even the pair that visit my garden will fly off when I get too close, despite them coming to the garden for many years. 
There were a few tiny mushrooms seen, not as many as I had hope for though, plus I saw a puff ball that was beginning to split ready for the spores to be released. I also noticed some donkey orchids as I dashed back to the car as the rain began to settle in once again, these are always wonderful to see... 








































 

3 comments:

Sharon said...

Your photos are a harbinger of spring. I can almost smell the acacia perfume.

Gemel said...

The perfume was very strong and heady, spring is on its way.

William Kendall said...

Beautiful yellows!