Saturday, February 18, 2023

Aslan...

Aslan my beautiful rooster is sadly becoming a frail boy. The past few months has seen this regal fellow decline health wise. A few times I have thought that I was going to lose him in the heat, but he has thankfully pulled through each time. 
Last night he was unable to walk back into the night box, after a search in the garden I found him nestled under a tree, he was carried to the safety of the night box. 
This morning it took him several hours before he was able to get around the garden. With today being rather hot I was glad it was the weekend, and I was home to keep an eye on him. 
He is definitely looking a little bedraggled as he ages, his beautiful tail feathers have all fallen out and his fluffy down feathers are now easy to view. 
Each day is a gift with him, and he is kept as comfortable as possible and fed all his favorite treats. 
As far as roosters usually go Aslan has lived a full and happy life. He has had his feisty harem of hens to keep in check and a safe garden to call his home. 
None of us know when it will be our last day, and making the most of each moment is something Aslan is reminding me of...






 

2 comments:

William Kendall said...

He has been well cared for, and he knows it.

Gemel said...

Thank you, he is hanging in there bless him.