Tuesday, February 21, 2023

Another Hot Day...


 Another hot day and like the kitty kids flaking out is all I want to do when I get home. The thought of a brisk wind seems to be nowhere on the horizon which is a tad deflating for the soul. Once home with the air-conditioning switched on, we all collapse as the cool air circulates through the cottage. With February nearing its end I do hope that the cooler weather begins to appear. As much as summer is often welcomed after the cold winter months, when there has been no rain it tends to become all to weary to deal with. I have always preferred the colder months, and often wonder why I moved back to Australia. The thoughts of snow and frosty mornings call to my heart, yet I do have this bountiful oasis which I have created, plus the thought of putting the kitty kids through the ordeal of a long plane journey put me off relocating once again to the northern hemisphere. 
Although the summer hasn't been as sweltering as those in the past, there have been days where we have had the luxury of a few days in the high 20's. when we do get over 30 though, I really don't cope at all.
Bring on the refreshing and nurturing rains and cold winter winds...

4 comments:

Sharon said...

It won't be long before we are experiencing the weather you are describing so I guess I shouldn't complain about another winter storm rolling through and putting a chill back in the air.

Gemel said...

The summers seem to get worse each year, looking forward to nice chilly weather.

William Kendall said...

Here we've had snow and cold temperatures today.

Gemel said...

Lucky you, a tad jealous.