Saturday, July 30, 2011

Amidst.......


Amidst the tangled mayhem of a untended garden lay this dilapidated house, left in ruins it sat still oozing its regal presence, a silent ancient sentinel.  
Lita and I where spending the afternoon checking on the neighbouring properties, this one of course is empty, waiting for the next owner to resurrect her to her former glory, however she sits empty a high price hanging over her head will ensure that the sound of life will not invade her tired walls any day soon.   
Human greed is a dreadful disease, one that ruins the human heart. 

Continuing our stroll to the next home disgusted me even more. 
Here lay another home which was rarely used, a small staff ensure the upkeep of the property,
but mainly it lays empty, one of the many homes of the owners, it seems that it is not necessarily needed, just another home to brag about.
For me, if I had of had the opportunity to live nestled within the nurturing caress of the jungle I would never leave.
The vistas and the energy that entwined its self through this place was incredible, yet I doubt whether the sort of people who own this would be seeing it as I.
As it was not the dwelling that was calling to me,
it was the sheer beauty that captivated me.


I would be enthralled continuously if this were mine, watching the magnificence of truth around me.
Yet, as we left this mausoleum behind I was cloaked in a weight of sadness, for the inability for others to see the authentic truth of our world.
Real beauty lingers in flowers,

in the mountains,
in the clouds,
in the trees,
in the feathers of a lone bird flying home at dusk.

At the last of the empty villas I walked in hushed bleakness of the wastefulness of humanity.
Again 'oppulance' left to rot,
A 'show piece' used to impress, for me it highlighted such wastefulness, why is it that many collect in order to declare their worth, worth is not governed by possessions,
it is achieved by feeling and living through the honesty of your heart..............

No comments: