Friday, July 29, 2011

After Watching.....

After watching the twins gleefully playing with their kites, I left for a few hours of wandering the streets of Ubud.
Passing through this busy village on our way I was immediately aware of the noise and pollution, so many days spent isolated in the mountains had protected me from the daily lives of the human race.
Some scenes made me smile, such as seeing clothes being sold from the back of a truck, honking horns from impatient motorist, the colourful chorus of market traders vying for customers, the gaudy circus of humanness. 
Balancing the chaos a little further down the road was the sedate procession of priests on their way to a ceremony, Balinese life is ever changing, each corner presented a new aspect of humanity.
Reaching Ubud I found that I struggled to deal with being surrounded by people again, the quiet of the mountains radiated from my heart centre, and as I ambled along I felt totally disconnected from the entire exhibition that I witnessed, nothing appealed to me here at all.
Finding a cosy corner to retreat to, I sat in awe to watch life unfold around me.
Like all tourist driven villages the world over Ubud was an endless row of shops, all attempting to entice  the gulible tourists inside to buy unnecessary trinkets to remember their holiday by.

None of it spoke to me though, the allure of material treasures no longer appealed to me, instead it was to the mountains I retreated to once again.......

No comments: