Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Thankfully....

Thankfully my baby Tarmie has made a full recovery, he has been a very sick little fellow.
So much so, that last week I was worried that he may not have made it.
Having rushed him to the vets after watching him retreat further and further into himself I was so pleased that I did after we realised that his temperature of 36.9 meant that he was seriously ill.
Had I have left it another day to take him, he may not have been with me today.
Turns out he had septicemia perhaps from a bite from Pixie or Spirit during playtime, anyway after two injections and a course of antibiotics he was sent home for me to nurse.
Bless his wee soul he was that poorly that I had to carry him to his food bowl and to his litter tray, he was simply too weak to walk himself.
But, I am happy to say that a week later he has fully recovered and is back to his impish self, which means up to no good at any opportunity and not still for a minute, well, that is until he runs out of puff.........

1 comment:

Marlene said...

Oh I am soooo glad he is better..it so frightening when our sweet ones get sick ..Its one of the few times I feel frantic..I had a scare with my Jujube recently and I was beside myself with grief of the idea of losing him...I am happy your instinct told you to take him in to the vet!