Tuesday, October 08, 2024

The Welcome Home...

The welcome home Lilly received after being rushed to the vets yesterday was heartwarming. It's going to be a long road to full recovery, but with the support from her sisters and daily medications I am hopeful she makes it. I was given the option of putting her to sleep or spending a week's wages on a procure and medication. I chose the latter.

Lilly has gone into the chickens equivalent of menopause, I've renamed it roosterpause! What had happened to Lilly was during ovulation her eggs were not being formed properly and thus she had peritonitis and is still very poorly. The vet also gave Lilly an implant to stop ovulation completely as the vet was pretty sure that the same thing would happen again. Now it's up to Lilly and her will to live, and a lot of tender loving care from me...


 

No comments: