Wednesday, August 14, 2024

Hearing A...

Hearing a loud strange zapping sound and seeing an orangy yellow flash light up the night sky had me wondering what had happened. I don't know what woke me moments before, and I was a little too tired to go and investigate further than looking out the window.
I should have realised by the screeching of the galahs that roost across the road that something had happened to their tree. Thinking it odd I went back to sleep.

On driving out the gate this morning however I discovered the cause of last night's disruption.
The blue gum across the road had dropped a limb during the night. Hence frightening the flock of birds sleeping on the branches.
The loud zapping sound and brief light show was explained, the branch briefly hit the power lines on the way down...


 

No comments: