Thursday, May 31, 2007

A Lot To Answer For

Having spent another night yet again laying awake in I have decided that the source of all my health challenges at the moment is the prescribed medication. Having spent years and years avoiding even the 'harmless' paracetamol all of a sudden I was inundated with pills, for pain, for inflammation and for post operation infection. With that my body went into shock I am certain, it went from no chemical, well very little anyway, as even my diet (vegan) means that I avoid (by choice) processed foods which of course contain all sorts of concoctions to 'maintain' their shelf life, so my sensitivity to chemicals is I guess around zero. And actually I am proud of that. So enter accident, immobility, illness and pills and what do you get? One sick Gem! I should have guessed straight away what was going on with my body when I became so ill, the symptoms where acute and hit with a such vengeance that I wondered what on earth was going on. It has given me a great deal to ponder, and to be proud of too, I have gone to great lengths to cleanse my body of all traces of animal bi-products and chemicals and here I was all of a sudden taken a handful four times a day. For those of you who do not think about what you eat, what is in the food you eat or the medication you take perhaps you ought to have a think about how you feel and what it is you put into your mouth, and maybe you will find by cutting out prescribed medications and look for an alternative holistic natural option, and sorting out your diet to include more fresh fruits, vegetables, grains and pulses ( I am not saying cut out your flesh foods, just enhance them) you may well find that you could give yourself a complete overhaul, giving your self a new lease on life. After all lets face it, the Doctors are on a kick-back from the Pharmaceutical companies so they want you to be ill, they want to hand you all these lovely little pills, really stuff you up, they don't care about you, you are only a number, and of course a down payment for their Caribbean holiday this year! Your body is your only real home whilst you are incarnated upon this planet and it deserves to be treated with respect and dignity, do yourself a favor and start looking at what you put into it, make some changes and reclaim your health yourself. Choosing to live healthy and eat healthy is a life choice, isn't your life worth it?

No comments: