Thursday, April 22, 2010

Letting Life Be...........

Letting life be around me has given me the opportunity to grow in such a nurturing way. As I have continued to walk life to the rhythm of my own calling I have felt such a joy at what I have around me and where it is I am headed.
Today as the weather cooled as the approach of autumn appears to be closing in on us I felt a twinge of melancholy stir my heart, just fleetingly, but stir it did.
Walking into a pharmacy was what took me back to England, for a moment I was transported to the rushed lunch hour hustle and bustle in Sheffield city centre, the aromas of the perfumes and cosmetics had me close to tears as I walked deeper into the store. Memories from the recesses of my heart overwhelmed me, I struggled to maintain my composure. There I was all of a sudden strolling around the shops to stretch my legs after been cooped up in the office all morning, then at my favourite lunchtime haunt, sitting in the Winter Gardens chatting with my dearest friend.
When I went outside I suddenly felt the cooling breeze and my eyes filled with tears again, missing the familiar places, the favourite shops, and the company of some very special people.
I never know when a period of melancholy will appear, I guess none of us do, a smell or a piece of music, maybe just a glimpse of someone who reminds you of friends far away, that is all it took a familiar scent and a cooling breeze and the memories stored within my heart and the beauty that they hold within me simply exploded.
We never know when it will be the last time we will see the people that mean the most to us.
Spending time tonight being still and quiet to lay with the love that nestles within me and keeping the warmth of friendship radiating across the thousands of miles that separate us this day.................

5 comments:

PepeB said...

I know those bouts of melancholy and they are dear to me, because - as you say – they carry beauty. Did you find the quite impressing sculpture on your stroll?

Gemel said...

Both pictures were taken at the Yorkshire Scuplture Park, one of my favourite places to go, which is why I used them, seeing I missed home so much yesterday :-)

Melissa said...

I miss you Gemel. I miss your words, your beauty and your inspiration. I have so much going on in my world. Change is good though, but it can be hard to go through. I know I want a new life, but I have to take it in small steps. I will get myself back, I lost myself on the way raising my children.

Thank you for being You, xoxo

Anonymous said...

Oh, how I miss those deep conversations we had in the Winter Gardens! I walk through the gardens every day and always think of you! I think you need to return to your hearts home...

PPLP.
x

Gemel said...

Maybe you are right.....
PPLP xox