Wednesday, March 21, 2012

From Now On............

From now on I am forever reminded of my interconnectedness of All.

This symbol is called the Galactic Butterfly which is said to represent all of the consciousness that has ever existed in this galaxy.
This is all our physical ancestors, both human, animal, reptile, fish, shell fish, plants, as well as the consciousness which organised all the raw materials from a whirling disk into stars, then planets and solar systems.
Big meaning.
So big that the original Maya had no symbol for this.
In their civilization it was like having no name for God.
Just knowing the concept was good enough!
Later this pattern was devised by Toltec or Zapatec weavers as a pattern for blankets, and this is where Jose Arguelles came across it.
He called it the Hunab Ku.
The indigenous peoples call it the Galactic Butterfly.
Butterflies are seen as ancestors returning for a visit to physicality.
Wearing one of these symbols is very powerful as it broadcasts your reaching to actively join the consciousness of our galaxy. 

So, instead of wearing a pendant to beam my intentions to the universe, I decided on a tattoo!


Only two people knew about the impending tattoo, and they knew that I was a little, shall we say, cautious about the whole thing, the pain aspect especially!

So, having had this done just over 2 hours ago I am happy to report that tattooing is not painful, a little uncomfortable, and extremely tender in some parts, but, once the needle has left the area the pain stops immediately.
I was so impressed with the experience I was discussing the possibilities of getting another one before this one was completed!

Having thought about this for many years the moment just fell into place, and as I sit here and view this symbol upon my flesh I feel a peaceful presence of love radiating from it...............

3 comments:

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

Nice tattoo, I'm going to use yours by proxy for now, if that is ok.

luksky said...

I love the meaning of the tattoo!!! I have often thought about getting a tattoo that symbolizes spiritual connectidness but have not found anything that suits me yet..

PerthDailyPhoto said...

I like it and what it means Gemel, it's perfect for you. Aimee has several tattoos that hold great meaning for her at different times in her life.