Friday, March 23, 2012

Sitting In.....



 Sitting in the fridge cooling is this totally scrumptious cacao and avocado torte which I  have made to take to a friends birthday party tonight.
It is quick, easy, and so incredibly yummy.

All you need is;
Base
150 grams desiccated coconut
150 grams macadamia nuts, lightly toasted
1 gram cinnamon
250 grams pitted dates

Place all the ingredients into a food processor, and process until all ingredients are combined.
Press into a spring-form baking tin. (I did not have one so improvised instead!)

Topping
2 soft bananas
2 soft avocados
15 ml vanilla extract
150 grams cacao powder
120 ml maple syrup

Place in food processor and combine until soothe and creamy
Spoon over the base and refrigerate for at least two hours

Serve with passion fruit or strawberries.

You can also use the topping as a chocolate mousse.

This is the second time I have made it, and can testify how utterly delicious it is.


The theme of tonight's party is painted face.
Which means, we need to arrive with a painted face!

 Not confident in my face painting ability a friend stopped by the other day and we had a trial run, this was the result.
We tried two other designs, but, we were not keen, but this one seems to feel like me.




Impressed with how my earrings matched the tribal war paint I think we shall stick to this general theme, I have also got some lovely long eyelashes to put on which have tiny white balls on the end, which will look quite striking I think.
All I have to now is figure out what to do with my hair!

Don't quite know what the other motorists will think though, as I will have to drive from one end of the metropolitan area to the other in the Friday afternoon peak hour traffic, if nothing else it may bring a smile to those caught in the rush hour mayhem.........


2 comments:

luksky said...

The torte looks Yummy! I'm glad you posted the recipe so I can try it out myself.

LOVE the face paint design! Have a good time at the party!!

GYPSYWOMAN said...

can't wait to try this dessert!!! looks and sounds delicious!! and love the face paint...