Friday, July 16, 2010

Looking Out............

Looking out across the vast ocean, walking alongside the waters edge, lost within my own private world.
What is this life that I call mine?
Where is it leading me?
Stolen moments of sublime intensity allure me away from my waking dream, calling me to return to the stillness within, to look upon myself in complete honesty.
All those that cross my path, and share the intimacy of my life, leave footprints on my heart, therefore I will never be the same again.
With the echo of their steps retreating from my world they have left a piece of themselves within me, giving me an opportunity of growth, of learning, of companionship, of love, and of friendship.
Sometimes I feel that life asks too much of me, that the simple act of providing for myself takes up too much time, taking me away from the stillness of my heart.
Striding by the waters edge I contemplate the illusion of life.
The stories I write.
The characters that play their parts, supporting me through the scenarios that I have designed to show me the way home, the way to truth.
Yet with each act that ends I still stand bewildered at times as to where it is I am headed, which way it is I wish to go.
Where is it I wish to be?
And with whom?
Walking with the Universe surrounding me I feel the love of the cosmos enfold me,
tender ripples of love flow through me as I walk, silently humbled by the presence of All That Is.
I realise that I need not know right now which way it is I need walk.
Sometimes the blankness before you is more inspiring than any plan could ever be, that perhaps it is time to return once more to the simple act of letting go and seeing what will be, will be............

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Just being in the moment. Sometimes that's all that's needed, I think.