Saturday, June 23, 2007

Storms

I still do not understand why a wet, wild and blustery day is described by many as dreadful, depressing and awful weather. Wet weather is refreshing, cleansing and revitalising for the Earth, plants and animals, filling the reservoirs, brooks, rivers and lakes. There is nothing I like more than to watch a storm approaching, listening to the rain, feeling the wind in my hair. I often love to go for a walk in the rain, alone with the elements, somehow my senses are always heightened during a wild storm, especially if I am walking besides the sea, waves pounding and the salty spray wetting my face it is extremely invigorating. I have always said there is no such thing as bad weather, only inappropriate clothing. I am so happy to be contented with the real treasures of this world, the natural world, give me a willow tree on the bank of a river or an isolated walk along the coast on a cold and blustery day and I am happier than you could ever imagine.

No comments: