Saturday, August 16, 2008

Surround by an aura of Oneness as I sat and greeted dawn this morning I felt a connection with the Universe on a deeper than usual level, as I sat watching the stillness of the sunrise illuminate the darkened sky I felt the pressure of a hand gently placed upon my shoulder, the warmth of this touch could be none other than Barbara my recently departed friend. I have felt her with me on numerous occasions since her earthly exit, which I know has assisted me in dealing with the shock of her death. Sitting in the amber glow enjoying this solitude sipping my morning coffee I was reminded of what a gift friendship really is and how we take it for granted that those that we love will always be there for us, that tragedies like Barbara's happen to others, never ourselves. My understanding is that everything happens in divine order, that nothing is an accident, everything good, bad or indifferent is exactly as it should be, that what happened to Barbara was not an accident, it was something that she was destined to do. I knew that she was in pain, hurting to such a degree that I had not witnessed before, seeing the deep sadness that was within her when I was recently at home with her in the UK was unsettling to me, so much so that I phoned her from the airport to voice my concerns, concerns as it turns out that were justified. Moments such as this one this morning give me verification that my beliefs are true, life does not end with the shedding of the body that we inhabit whilst here on earth, that the love that binds us to another never ends, it is with us for eternity. I miss Barbara so much, I have to stop myself from reaching for the phone to call her, to hear her cheery voice on the other end of the line telling me tales of her latest adventures, the grief at these times is unbearable, it comes from nowhere, engulfing me with such power that I am overwhelmed with its intensity. Yet here she was this morning sitting by my side sharing a quiet moment, letting me know that she is never far away.

No comments: