Tuesday, July 20, 2010

For Ellen.............

For Ellen, as I promised.
As soon as I finished chatting to you I got into the car and drove to the beach, whilst you, bless your heart sat at your desk 12 thousand miles away beginning your day, here I was, ending mine!
The dark clouds overhead were highlighted by the soft evening Sun, reminding me of our Sunset vigil at Glastonbury Tor.
A lone gull glided silently above, enjoying the solitude of a winters evening.
The algae covered rocks looked like tiny islands, the emerald green so vibrant against the icy blue of the water.
Mesmerized as always, my eyes feasted upon the aqua field before me.
The soothing lapping of the water drawing me closer, taking me nearer to the waters edge.
Down the path I walked, glad of this time of peace, stillness in the sacredness of nature.
Saddened by the many miles that keep me from my closest friend I found strength in the solitude, somehow the distance faded away as I stood calmly by the ocean. When I contemplate the complexities of our planet, I feel a sense of connectedness with all. The same Sun shines upon us all. The same sands drift throughout the oceans. The waters that lap at my feet today, may, in days to come be near yours. Winds flow the particles of my breath from one continent to another spreading my essence out into the world, joining me with everything it touches. Life is amazing. Life is a gift. Gazing upon this glorious scene, knowing that I was seeing it for two, really did fill my heart with love......................

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Gem. That means more to me than you can imagine...
I feel though we're so many miles apart, we're together, at least in mind, if not body. Thank you. PPLP. x