Sunday, February 01, 2009

Strolling In A Winter Wonderland...........

Strolling around the dam close to where we stayed whilst in England was such an idyllic way to begin the day; the air was crisp, silent and still. As the sun ascended slowly in the distance it was as if the sky had just been painted, an artist creating a masterpiece, the colours so alive and vibrant, pure, untainted...........
The crunching of the frost beneath my feet, the sight of the ducks paddling noiselessly on tranquil water, gave the moment a serene tone, one I knew would follow me mutely throughout my day..................
The hush occasionally broken by the happy chirping of the woodland birds as they began their daily search for food............
I adore this time of day the most, usually the only company I have as I meander is mother nature, which enhances the tranquility that seeps into my spirit, it is moments such as this that I have stored away to recall in moments of quiet mediation taking me for that instant back to this private country walk.................................

2 comments:

Jaky Astik said...

Have you clicked them yourself or picked over the internet? that gray one is worth wallpaper. actually all are beautiful, but,that gray one is silent, let's see if I can turn it into wallpaper.

Gemel said...

All my own shots Jaky, I take my camera with me everywhere, and am often left taking photo's while everyone else walks ahead!

I am glad you like them.......