Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Do vegan's enjoy their food?

I have been asked some stupid question when people find out that I follow a vegan diet, however I would have to say this one was the best! Do vegans enjoy their food? I can not speak for others who follow such a diet, I am only able to answer for my self, and the answer is I don't just enjoy my food I am inspired by my food. Most people have a moment where their brain goes totally blank when they attempt to think of something other than a salad that a vegan can eat, the choices are endless and delicious. I am getting hungry just thinking of some of my yummy dinners, Savoury Stuffed Aubergines, Italian Lentils and Spaghetti, Chickpea Burgers, my own special recipes such as Vegetable Chili, Carrot, Celery and Ginger Soup, Layered Potato Casserole, Tropical Fruit Crumble, and the most delicious Chocolate Hazelnut and Raspberry Cake. Need I continue? If you have educated yourself thoroughly on following a vegan diet, you will never run out of recipes or inspiration, it takes more time to prepare your meals, and lucky for me I have always enjoyed cooking so spending hours in the kitchen has never appear like a chore for me. So the answer to the question is quite simply YES.

No comments: