Thursday, September 01, 2011

Who Was.........

 Who was the mysterious stranger who left me speechless today.
Coming around a corner, my thoughts on nothing in particular, just ambling along, quietly minding my own business.
Suddenly the urge to look up overtakes me, and there before me he stood.

 His gazed locked on mine, I realise I was not breathing, my heart pounding, my tummy fluttering.
Time stood still, it seemed like all else faded away, there was nothing else, no one else, only the two of us, slowly approaching each other.
The closer I got I realised that every cell in my body was tingling, my mouth dry, my heart expanding.
The nearer we became the stronger the feeling that I knew this man became, it was his eyes, I could not look away, I knew that I had looked into them before, had kissed his lips, touched his skin.
He was level with me now, still our eyes bore into each others, no smiles, no hint of conversation, yet, as he passed, he slowly allowed his hand to trace the back of my hand, his touch electric, causing me to gasp.
Breathless I stopped in my tracks.
All of a sudden I was overwhelmed by such passion I nearly swooned.
I could not move, I could not speak, I could not turn to watch him, all I was capable of was moving my hand to my heart to cherished the caress.
How long I stood I can not say, it felt like an eternity, yet I feel it was only seconds, when I finally turned there was no sight of him.
He had simply vanished.
Gone without a trace, yet this moment and his essence will remain in my heart forever............

No comments: