Thursday, June 21, 2012

After.......

 After a week of wonderful storms, delightful grey skies and torrential rains, we were suddenly granted a day of bright skies and warming sunshine.
 Taking advantage of the afternoon I set off to explore yet another new pathway I had stumbled across on my daily travels.
 I was not the only one enjoying the warm winter sun, this bobtail goanna was relaxing on the pathway, until it saw my approach that is, then much to my surprise it hurried off to take cover in the bushland surrounding the track, I have to say I did not realise that they could move as swiftly as this one did, for some reason I was always under the impression that they were slow movers, now  I know otherwise!
 Continuing my walk I was thankful to find such natural beauty in the middle of suburbia, a haven, that I trust stays in place for many years to come, here there was an abundance of birds, all merrily chirping as they flitted joyfully amongst the branches.
 Reaching the end of the path was a clear view of Rottnest Island, you can just make it out faintly on the horizon, it is only a short boat ride from the coast, a nice place for a day of swimming and bike riding.
 Taking time to sit and have a chat with my companion, it was an idyllic way to spend a Monday afternoon.

 A happy face and surrounded by nature equals bliss to me.

 Pausing for a moment to admire these sculptures on my way back to the car left me inspired, I must admit, it always fascinates me how others can create such works of art from hard materials, the results of hours of hard work, are simply stunning.


 Getting to the little lookout at the top of the hill you can see the tiny city of Perth, and from this vantage point I realise just how small a city it is.
 I was however very impressed to see such an abundance of trees still left in the metropolitan area, further north where I live they are still bulldozing acres and acres of bushland, leaving nothing standing,  this view was a pleasant surprise.

 While my little companion caught his breath, (after being carried by me up the incline) I sat once again and just listened to the birdsong filling the air.

 The tranquillity and peace drifting on the wind, soothing melodies inducing a wave of relaxation. 

 As I sat and listened, my heart expanded, allowing the harmonics of the chorus to trickle into my core, I opened myself to be at one with all that enveloped me, fusing us together now, and, always.......

No comments: