Friday, December 23, 2011

It' Been Awhile................

 It's been awhile since I have had long and invigorating walk, life is much fuller now and suddenly my once frequent walks seem a thing of the past!
Today though, the sky beckoned me as I left the house early this morning, and as luck would have it I managed to discover a new riverside playground to explore in Dalkeith while filling in time in-between clients.
Normally I just sit in my car and read, but today I needed to walk, allowing the blustery wind to cleanse me, as I balanced myself between Earth and Sky.


Interesting sculptures, simply stunning, taking me back to night recently spent slumbering in a teepee. 
To the glistening orbs of twinkling sand urging me to follow their call.

And monster rocks, popping up out of nowhere.




Sandy footprints leaving the mark of many souls forever entwined within the sand.





Elegant gulls as always completely mesmerising to me, in an instant I am lost as my spirit takes flight to soar with them.









A perfect place to just watch the world meander past, the rhythm of the water hypnotic, a melody that soothes the soul.








Heading back to my waiting car I realised how much I missed my walks, how the time alone, spent connecting with Source vital for my inner balance.






I did spot this chap having a spot of bother just before reaching the car, bracing myself against the trunk of one of the mighty trees in the park I zoomed in to watch his antics.
Glad that it was him and not me splashing about in the river attempting to right his ride, as there are lots of stinging jellyfish and the occasional shark frequenting these waters.





Entertainment over and time for me to move along, but not before I acknowledged that I shall resume my coastal and nature walks, for there is no place better for me to rejuvenate, than in the warming embrace of our Creator.................

7 comments:

Chubby Singson said...

very nice pictures. it made me wanna wake up early in the morning and see what i'll discover. : )

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

I love how you are so aware of your surroundings and your skill in expressing that to your readers.

btw - I love the Native American Code of Ethics on your sidebar.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Well you certainly made up for not having a walk for a while Gemel, it's so nice down there, you really are a very 'in touch' with nature' kind of person, near water is the best place to be when trying to balance thoughts. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas and that it doesn't get much higher than the predicted 31C, you never know, we might be lucky!

Chrissy Brand said...

Wow, that was lovely, I felt like I was on the walk too- an inspiring set of nature's wonder, especially on what is a wet day here ;-)

Season's Greetings

Chrissy at Manchester: a photo a day at Mancunian Wave

and DX International radio blog

Ramakrishnan said...

You have posted series of remarkable & captivating pics. Enjoyed this walking tour of yours. Merry Christmas.

ioan moldovan said...

Very beautiful!
My dear friend,Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Linda Pendleton said...

Beautiful photos, Gemel. Happy Holidays!