Monday, November 18, 2019

My Little Patch....

 My little patch of edible herbs is finally chicken proof now I have old cd's dangling down to keep them out.
Fennel taking on a bronze hue as it gets taller, towering above the radicchio which despite the heat are doing really well.  

 Yummy endive also thriving, I tend to pick a few leaves to nibble on while out in the garden.
 This dandelion struggled during the really hot days last week but is hanging on thankfully looking a luscious green.
 A lone chamomile flower glowing like a miniature sun.  
 As the yarrow flowers it brings a hint of delicacy to this mini kitchen garden. 
 Spinach getting taller by the day, for the chicken folk and for me to enjoy. 
 And a St Mary's Thistle that I was given the other day waiting for a cooler day so she can be planted.......

4 comments:

Sharon said...

I see some tasty salads in your future.

Gemel said...

Yes indeed there will be Sharon.

William Kendall said...

I didn't know chickens would react that way to CDs.

Gemel said...

They are really scared of them William, finally I can grow food for me.