Friday, August 09, 2019

I Returned Home....


I returned home this afternoon to the butterfly flags blowing gently in the wind and thought how blessed I am to have this little plot of paradise to nurture and to love.

Taking a moment to see how much the garden has transformed since I have been here at my little magic cottage made me appreciate the work and love that has gone in to creating what I saw before me this afternoon.

Going back in time I recalled putting up the boundary fence was one of the first things I did when I moved in, I could visualise a private lush garden with many sitting areas and quirky nooks to relax in, right from the beginning I knew I was embarking on quite a journey with this rundown and unloved property.

 I slowly began the gardens and I changed course a few times until inspiration came a few years after I moved in a very spontaneous and rather random way.

A Frenchman who came for three days work whilst travelling Australia in 2016 but ended up staying for ten and half months was the turning point.
His inspiration and love of Australian plants really did help me achieve what I always wanted a miniature garden oasis of life and movement and colour.

I stood here in my back garden and just felt blessed at what was there before me.
Birds were singing.
Flowers are blooming.
The sun was shining.
And love was everywhere I looked....





2 comments:

Cloudia said...

Thank you for the beauty

Gemel said...

My absolute pleasure to share it Cloudia