Saturday, August 03, 2019

All The Way......

 All the way from Balingup down in the southern part of Western Australia this buddleia golden glow originates from.

Spending a moment recalling the little holiday I took with the inspiring travelling Frenchman who stayed with me most of 2016 I travelled back in time disappearing into the happy memory of collecting this plant.

We ventured down to Balingup to spend time with two people I knew and had ourselves a rather magical time in the glorious garden they had.

I remember seeing the buddleia flowers of the bush this one comes from one morning when I had got up early and took a stroll around the beautiful garden exploring alone in the quiet early morn, I recall standing there in awe of it's magnificence, and knew I just had to have one.

We took cuttings and this one is now a strong and magnificent bush just like her mother.

Butterflies will soon be covering this plant as they are drawn to the nectar and pollen of the butterfly bush aka buddleia's.

I have several buddleia's around the cottage and this is the only one in flower at the moment.

Soon though they will all be blooming and dancing delicate butterflies will be in abundance in my little piece of earthly heaven.....



No comments: